Does anyone remember this post?

Or this one?

If you do, then you know that my dear son is so incredibly allergic to poison ivy, it is frightening.

He wouldn’t even accompany us to the woods today, due to his fear of another severe reaction.

Have you ever seen these? (Picture courtesy of Google Images)

Do they look like these? (Picture courtesy of yours truly, taken today)

They are…drum roll, please…POISON IVY BERRIES!

In my infinite wisdom, with the desire to beautify and enhance our Advent decor, I brought this evil weed into my home.

How was I to know that poison ivy has berries?!! My husband, that dear man, was checking out my blog, admiring the lovely pictures of the children and their nature “collection”, when he noticed that the picture of his young son holding a branch of berries, seemingly resembled poison ivy berries. A quick “google image” search revealed the dreadful truth…poison ivy, PART III.

I am so sick of this. I can’t avoid it. It is in my dining room.

But not for long.

Anyone have a blowtorch? Oops. That would be bad. Very bad.

Maybe I’ll just bury it. Oops…propagation? Nooooooooooooooo!

The trash…double-bagged, of course!